Thursday, January 22, 2009

STONEHENGE

I was so excited to visit Stonhenge today! As we drove up all of the sudden you see a pile of rocks... Seriously not as big as I was thinking, but honestly so neat to be here! Here are some fun facts that I learned:
1. Stonehenge is also a calendar. You can use the postion of the sun on the stones to wrok out what month you are in.
2. The Heaviest of the stones weighs 45 tons! That is seven large elephants!
3. The first stones to arrive at Stonehenge were the so-called bluesontes --the smaller stones that you can see in the circle today. They don't look blue, but if you split it open they are blue with white specks and look blue when they're wet.

I had so much fun at Stonehenge and suprisingly wasn't cold. I prepared and wore leggens under my jeans, 4 shirts, a fleece shirt, my mont.bell jacket and a scarf and gloves! I was just fine! We had a great time taking pictures too!


I'm at Stonehenge!!!!

My Friend Abby and Me

Stonehenge

My "bus mate" for the day! Elizabeth and Me


So much fun!
Elizabeth, Chelsea, Kate, Me, Erin

2 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

How cool. Too bad they wont let you go right up to the stones anymore.

erin wilson said...

You girls look like you are having so much fun!