Sunday, January 11, 2009

I MADE IT!!!!

Yea! Almost painless! Dad is the best for driving me so early in the morning, parking and walking me in. It kept me settled. Everything went so smooth. It's all I could ask for. There were 3 other girls on my flight, so we stuck together. My flight to San Fran was next to a pilot who loved to chat. He was nice and lucked out with my knowledge of his crossword puzzle.

It was fun to make phone calls during my layover. Sad to say but it is weird to adjust to life without a cell phone to text, call, or even look at the time and put tasks in my calendar. But I'm adjusting. Back to the flight! AMBIEN is amazing! I don't have nails to break them in half. So I bit it and a 1/3 came off. So i decided to take a third. I slept for 3 hours. Woke up for pretzel time. Took a second 1/3 and slept for 4 hours and by that time I only had 1 hour left of flying. So I was very pleased.

As we arrived in Heathrow, we got our luggage with no problems. Then all of the sudden the emergency fire alarm came on and we had to evacuate immediately! It was funny because we were all pretty much out of it and didn't really realize what was going on. Our shuttle arrived just a few minutes later (the Dot-to-Dot) and it was great!

We arrived to the BYU center and it was weird arriving realizing I'm here for 3 months. I got my room assignment. We are in the best building and I got the best room with the highest ceilings which are beautiful! I grabbed the top bunk, made my bed with the given bedding (motel 6 quality) and got my computer out to e-mail about my safe arrival. But each click to get my e-mail I'd fall asleep. Then I'd wake up hit the mouse to wake my computer up and as it booted back up I'd fall asleep. I kept falling asleep til my computer died. So I just finally shut it and fell asleep for a while. I was so excited when my friend Kate Eckersley arrived! My homesickness went down to a minimum when she got here!

I'm happy to be here and can't wait to BLOG about all of my adventures! Give me time to catch up! Love you all and missing you more than you know!!!!!

2 comments:

erin wilson said...

yeah! i'm so excited for your blog!!!

Emily Wilson said...

Nice work with the blog...I am excited to check it.