Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Les Mis

Me and Kate

As a group of about 25 we saw Les Miserables. I have never seen it before. It was obvious that I have not adjusted to London time yet, because I kept dozing off in the first act. I remembered there was candy in my purse, so I chomped on that to keep me awake! The first act was really long and figured maybe in London they don't have intermission. So I aske my friend if there was going to be an intermission and she said "I don't know, its almost over." So soon after that they had a big powerful number and everyone on stage marching and then the curtian closed. So I packed up my things and put my coat on and stood up waiting for the group to pack thier things. It took me a good 5 minutes to realize that it was only intermission at that point. It was quite funny. I enjoyed the musical, although Cosette's mom was TERRIBLE! I was like "Oh Erin is a million times better!" Also, playbills are free in NYC, they are 3 pounds 50 pence here! Not going to happen! Although it could have been useful for my intermission confusion and also for with the charachter eponine, which I thought they were saying Ebony and during the play thought to myself "why are they calling her Ebony...she's white... why not Ivory?" Later that night my friend Kate informed me of my mistake! It was fun to go with all the girls and I'm glad I saw it once in my lifetime. I will be sure to see more!


Mishon and Me

2 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

This is one of my favorites. You have to read the book it is even better!!

Kate Bernice said...

Nope, still don't got it...her name's EPONINE, hahaha. Please print a retraction :)