Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Sunday... Not what I was picturing!


Today I attended the ward I was assigned to with my "ward mate" Maryanne. We were advised to leave 1.5 hours early to get there in time. We take the tube to the British Rail trainstation and head over to the CRYSTAL PALACE ward. Sounds elaborate... but we go to church in the Ghetto of East Pinge. Our meeting house is a Primary School (elementary). We stay warm with space heaters (barely), and listen with a loud speaker put infront of the stand. The people in our ward are amazing and so happy to have Maryanne and I there. We are excited to serve in every possible way and they are excited to put us to use. I was very touched and humbled. I began to cry during the opening hymn by seeing the dedication these members have. It was refreshing and I'm grateful to be in this great ward. Maryanne and I received callings. I am called to teach Primary! I can't wait. I'm not sure what age group yet... but there are only about 10 children in the ward. I hope to do well! I just can't forget reading materials for my 3 hour train ride to and from!

2 comments:

erin wilson said...

so awesome!

Emily Wilson said...

That is so fun. At least you have great resources if you need help with any Primary stuff!