Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coventry Cathedral

Our last stop of the day. You wouldn't think that we would go on a trip and not stop at a Cathedral! This is Coventry Cathedral in the town of Coventry in the center of Coventry University. This was destroyed by a bombing back in the war days and parts of it were left standing. However they did build on a new modern part. It was a Cathedral Stop... enough said. We headed over to the Campus Art Museum and used the toilets (I hate how they say that here) and shopped in the gift shop. Abby, Sara and I purchased jump ropes for 1 pound. We decided this would be a form of exercise that we can encourage each other to do. We actually used them that night. We worked out after being cooped up in the coach for three days. I have to say... I'm still pretty tricky with a jump rope. Next task to master.. Double Dutch! old bombed part and new modern part

When they came and searched the remains, they discovered this "cross" that was in this exact formation after being destroyed ... I think they thought it was pretty neat

Me in the old destroyed part... I'm enjoying myself can't you tell?

The cool colorful windows. This symbolizes something.

Me (self snap shot) waiting for the crew to finish up so we can head out and back to London

No comments: