Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My first Hostel experience... I miss the Fairfield Inn

Well we ended our first day of Wales at the youth hostel. Um... gross. Not everything was bad, but my bed situation was bad. You get a fresh clean set of sheets to make your bed. I took mine out of the "packaging" and there was a dried booger or dead bug on it. I'm not sure because I removed it so fast before I could tell. I was proud of myself because I kept my disgust to myself and didn't complain. Then it was time to put my duvet into its cover. I saw a hair up close and removed it, then I focused my eyes back looking and more surface area of the duvet and it was covered in hairs. I threw up in my mouth. Again, I kept quiet and just put the duvet cover on without touching the actual duvet. I slept like a corpse that night. First of all, it was a small twin. My friend Abby slept in this impossible twin size bed with me because her bed had an ace bandage hanging down from the bunk (we assume used for elevation of limbs of a prior guest). I used my neck pillow for my pillow, layered on clothes and only put the blanket over my feet. I barely moved all night. I couldn't wait to just get up and hit the road. There was no way in H E double hockey sticks that I was going to attempt a shower at the hostel. I opted to wait til our next stop at the Best Western Hotel. Smart Choice I think!
This is our group arriving and have no Idea what we're about to embark in

No comments: