Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shakespears Globe Theater

Our group took a tour of Shakespeare's Globe. This isn't the original globe theatre, the original is about 2 miles away. They rebuilt this one for fire code reasons and structure. They kept everything the same as the original except the exit rows and stair ways are a tad wider. I learned a lot on our tour about Shakespeare and his writing. Back in Shakespeare day, the would perform around 2 pm because they had to arrange performances around sunlight. There wasn't the lighting technology like we have today, so his writing had to be very descriptive, describing their faces and movements so the audience would know what was going on.
I wonder if "super soft ice" (the truck behind me) is like Mr. Softys??

I think I might burn this coat when I get home... I'm getting sick of it :) Look at Janna yawning in the background

Me and Sarah

Stage (they have to touch up the paint each season becuase the sun bleaches it)

open ceiling

No comments: