Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beaumaris

A new day! Spent on the coach. We drove for 7 hours not including the two break stops (mandatory for the coach driver every 3-4 hours). When we boarded the coach we had no idea that we would be on the bus for the majority of the day. I was getting cramped and annoyed near the end, because these are not comfy seats to sleep in. Beaumaris is a town on and Island of the British Isles. It was a really neat town. It was like a small town/beach town. We arrived at Beaumaris castle first and it was kind of rainy. We quickly ran through this unfinished castle. I think I was uninterested because I've been cooped up in a coach bus for what felt like EVER. We finished the castle around 3:45. I ran to the local bakery and purchased 3 of these Wales toffee waffles (you should google it, I'll blog on it later I'm sure). They are the best thing I've found here yet! I saved some to send home!!! Luckily I went in the bakery when I did because the entire "town" (which consists of 1 main street) shuts down between 4-4:30. But you know me I hit the water first. Well it was freezing but I walked the boardwalk and just loved every minute of it. I love the beach/water. It is one of my most favorite spots to be. We checked into our Hotel. After our Hostel experience I felt like I was staying at the Plaza! That tells you how "good" the hostel was, if I'm comparing the Best Western Hotel to the Plaza! The best part is, BYU standards can only allow 2 persons to a room. So we were assigned a roommate. I lucked out and got my best buddy here, Sarah. We had a 3 course restaurant dinner, waited on and everything by the hotel. Sarah and I went back to the room and took advantage of the bath tub and shower and privacy! I was in the bath for probably 60 minutes then hopped into the shower for another 30 or so. It was great! We watched a movie on TV, wrote in our journals, and read our scriptures and couldn't wait to turn in for the night. It was great! We got up for another waited on Breakfast and loaded the bus for another adventure!
Me at Beaumaris castle

The center of Beaumaris castle

Boardwalk

Me and Kate on the "Beach" freezing to the bone


"Our Plaza Hotel" the Best Western... our group was the majority of guests that night

No comments: