Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stourhead -- BREATHTAKING!!!

Stourhead was the best part of the Day Trip! And not only because of the first picture "spread eagle" but because it was beautiful. Jaw Dropping and Breathtaking. I hope to go back there again. I roamed around with my friend Elizabeth. It is a two mile walk around the gardens. Very enjoyable and peaceful. Lovely.
It doesn't get much better than stumbling across a Spread Eagle Inn!!!

The Grotto. This portion of the gardens were roped off, but Elizabeth and I snuck in and took a look. It was totally worth it!


I think at this point my face is saying "oh my gosh another group picture"


The temple that Elizabeth and I wanted to go to but missed the trail...


But that didn't stop us... we climbed over this fence and down through a bridge-like structure and I got so dirty (why I'm pointing to my pants)... It was hilarious. This is where the famous engagement scene in Pride and Prejudice took place (the newer version).
Great Scenery Shots of Stourhead! You must stop here if you're in or near London!







3 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

Wow! The pictures were amazing. I can't even imagine the real thing. It looked heavenly. As for spread eagal inn...really!

sommer said...

Oh my gosh BEAUTIFUL!!! And the Spread Eagle Inn made me smile! Maybe you can go there on your honeymoon :)

erin wilson said...

who's camera was used for the group picture? Fantastic!