Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stratford upon Avon--a.k.a. William Shakespeare's neighborhood

Our day trip/overnighter to Stratford upon Avon was a fun trip. Luckily this time our hostel wasn't as bad as my first hostel experience. Stratford was cool. I stuck with my buddies Abby and Sarah. We roamed around and took in everything Stratford had to offer... even if it takes a lot of optimism.
Abby, Me, Sarah in William Shakespeare's grand-daughters Elizabeth's house

We saw a Shakespeare play that night in Stratford. His plays don't have copyrights, so they can tweak it anyway they'd like. We saw a african version of The Tempest. It was ok... I fell asleep.
Me, Sarah, Abby

Sarah, William and Me

Lifesize paper dolls with no paper... Sarah, Abby and Me

Milking the "cow" at the farm where Shakespeare's mother grew up

bawk bawk
Me, chicken, Abby

Abby, Me, Sarah

Who Who Who's that on my arm... Angus the Owl

This is where William Shakespeare is burried... we had to pay 50 pence to see it hahaha

Abby, Me and Sarah at Shakespear's wife's house where she grew up

2 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

How fun. I think it is funny that people go and see Shakespears daughters house...what did she ever do? J/K It looked like you had a good time. I love angus the owl...he is our family mascot!

erin wilson said...

that chess set is kinda like the one in Harry Potter or the Alice in Wonderland....all things go back to movies for me, I guess!