Thursday, July 16, 2009

Musee d'Orsay

The d'Orsay. I was very excited to visit this museum, because they have many pieces by Van Gogh, Edgar Degas, Renoir, and Monet. I was shocked that we were able to take pictures of these amazing pieces of art and history.
Me, Alyssa Esmond, Mary Williams

Renoir-Dance at eh Moulin de La Galett. Renoir captured sunny, “carefree” Parisian life with the happy “smiling” faces of his dancers.

Monet- Notre Dame. Monet would go sit outside the front of Notre Dame and paint the church exactly how it was at that time of day. They displayed 4 of these paintings, each with difference in sunlight, color and shadow. It was really cool to see these side by side and to know Monte's purpose for these paintings.

Van Gogh- Noon rest from work. I am amazed by almost every Van Gogh I see. I feel lucky to have seen so many with my own eyes. He is truly one of my favorite artists. Most of his paintings are so consistent with his style. More often than not you know when you're viewing a Van Gogh.

Van Gogh- The Bedroom. This is the painting I was so excited to see. I couldn't believe that I was standing right in front of this famous painting. Also, this is one of Andrew's (my brother) favorite paintings too. I couldn't wait to show him. This is Van Gogh's bedroom in the year 1888 in Arles. I love the detail of the portraits above his bed.

1 comment:

sommer said...

Cait, you know why you like art? Because you're a model and you're so beautiful! I love you the most in the world!!!